Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
What is a TBI?
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is caused by damage to the brain.
You cannot see a TBI. It is inside the brain. It can change how a person learns and thinks.
How does the doctor know if you have a TBI?
The doctor will give you a test that takes pictures of your brain. This is called a CAT Scan.
The pictures will show if there is damage to your brain. After the scan, the doctor will help you find ways to get better.
• Car accidents
• Falling down
• Violence or abuse
• Gunshot to the head
• Possible communication problems
How to stay safe:
- Wear a seatbelt while in a car
- Wear a helmet while riding a bike or motorcycle
- Practice gun safety
- Report abuse
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Protect yourself when playing sports
Where can I find more information?
Section created by Lauren Boglino 2017.5